King Trumpet mushroom (King Oyster) Health Benefits:
King Trumpet mushroom also know as Pleurotus Eryngii, king oyster, French horn mushroom, trumpet royale, king brown mushroom, Boletus of the steppes.
Other popular Oyster Mushrooms are:
- Pleurotus citrinopileatus: The Golden Oyster Mushroom
- Pleurotus Dryinus: The Veiled Oyster Mushroom
- Pleurotus ostreatus: The pearl oyster mushroom or Tree Oyster Mushroom
- Pleurotus pulmonarius: Indian Oyster, Italian Oyster or Phoenix Mushroom
- Pleurotus djamor: Pink Oyster Mushroom
There are many types of oyster mushrooms are available but We’ll focus mainly on King Trumpet mushroom health benefits and there Side-Effects in this article.
King Trumpet mushroom may be a mainstream mushroom of nations like China, Japan. And this mushroom is being liked in these countries thanks to its texture and time period and pulp.
In Japan within the early 1950s, king oyster mushrooms were cultivated in wooden logs, but by the 1960s, this mushroom was cultivated in plastic bottles with sawdust.
1993, the cultivation of king oyster fungus started in bottling in Japan and since then the assembly and demand of king oyster fungus have steadily increased and on the opposite hand.
King Trumpet mushroom may be a combination of filled with flavor and with awesome nutrition, King Trumpet mushroom considered to be a healthy nutrition diet.
Do you know that mushrooms have medicinal properties? Do you know that eating mushrooms benefit diabetic patients? mushrooms prevent cancer from growing. Mushroom is rich in many similar qualities.
Here’s a quick look at why King Trumpet mushroom is so good for health.
King Trumpet mushroom is a good source of:
- Thiamin ( is one of the water-soluble B vitamins)
- Protein( Proteins are large, complex molecules that play many critical roles in the body)
- Folate ( is one of the B-vitamins and is needed to make red and white blood cells in the bone marrow)
- Folic acid ( helps make DNA and other genetic material)
- Vitamin B6 ( Decreasing high blood levels of the amino acid homocysteine)
- Iron ( Iron plays a key role in the making of red blood cells, which carry oxygen)
- Zinc ( It is needed for blood clotting, immune function, thyroid function, wound healing, and much more)
- vitamin C ( is necessary for the growth, development and repair of all body tissues)
- vitamin D ( the function of vitamin D is to maintain normal blood levels of calcium and phosphorus)
- Magnesium ( Magnesium is a mineral that is important for normal bone structure in the body)
- Phosphorus & selenium ( the main function of phosphorus is in the formation of bones and teeth)
King Trumpet mushroom calories are only around 30 per 100g. Pleurotus Eryngii mushroom is a good source of dietary fiber, pantothenic acid, copper, phosphorus, riboflavin, and potassium.
Top 15 Nutritional and Medicinal Properties of King Trumpet mushroom:
- Increased immunity
- Good quality protein
- low sodium AND high potassium
- Prevention of malnutrition
- Control of hypertension
- low sucrose
- Excess of fiber
- The only vegetable rich in vitamin D
- folic acid
- vitamin B
- Ascorbic Acid
- Low heat food
- Mushrooms are a good source of vitamins and minerals
King Trumpet mushroom Side Effects:
Until now, much research has been done to know that eating king oyster mushrooms is harmful. While no warnings come up by initial searches.
if the mushroom functions as an effective testosterone booster in humans, then possibly women might wish to be careful about taking king oyster mushroom. but studies show that the fungus is useful.
I’m not against using it, but doctors advice should be necessary if you planning to use for a long time